The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is currently recruiting for Pension Specialists in our Member and Data Services areas.
As a Pension Specialist in Member Services you would be responsible for:
- ensuring accurate and timely processing of all member transactions including retirement, termination, death, reciprocal transfers and service purchases
- processing and peer reviewing benefit payments and other transactions
- communicating with plan members and beneficiaries about their pension entitlements
- assisting at Teachers' Convention by conducting individual pension interviews with plan members
As a Pension Specialist in Data Services, you would be responsible for:
- training employers on the employer reporting software and reporting processes
- ensuring timely reporting of employer data by fostering relationships
- conducting quarterly and annual reconciliations of the employer data
- database management for all members
- assisting with the annual actuarial valuation process
Successful candidates for both roles will have a post-secondary diploma in business or benefits, plus three to five years of experience in pension administration. A Certified Employee Benefit Specialist designation or equivalent would be an asset. Candidates will have an interest in working directly with plan members and employers in a professional and highly regulated industry, with strong customer service and communication skills, respecting the need to maintain confidentiality. Being bilingual would be an asset. A strong aptitude for math, as well as analytical and problem solving skills plus the ability to identify inefficiencies with processes and recommend improvements are essential.
ATRF offers a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits program and an excellent working environment.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Leslie McCallum, Human Resources Assistant.
ATRF thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.