Established in 1939, the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has provided exceptional administration for the teachers’ pension plans for Alberta for over 80 years. We take pride in delivering the highest quality service to more than 80,000 plan members to ensure they receive a secure retirement.
ATRF has the opportunity for an ambitious, results-oriented individual to join our Finance team as an Accounting Assistant located in Edmonton, Alberta. This is a great opportunity for a highly organized self-starter looking to further develop your knowledge and skills in pension accounting.
Reporting to the Manager, Pension Financial Services, the Accounting Assistant has a broad range of responsibilities that contribute to ATRF’s pension administration services within the Pension Finance function. The position performs a variety of specialized activities including processing pension payments, pension accounting, tax administration, bank transactions, accounts receivables and the compilation of pension and tax related information. The Accounting Assistant also provides support in the collection of financial related transactions and ensures they are accurately recorded in the organization’s accounting records and are compliant with regulations and policies.
Qualifications, Experience, and Capabilities:
- Completion of a 2-year diploma in a related field such as accounting or finance
- Three to five years of accounting, payables, tax and/or payroll experience
- Basic to intermediate tax experience is beneficial to support pension accounting activities as required
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to identify inefficiencies with processes and recommend improvements
- Strong client services and communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a high volume, deadline focused environment
- Demonstrates accountability for assigned duties and tasks
ATRF is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits program and an excellent working environment. we offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist. The application deadline is July 4, 2022. ATRF thanks all applicants, however, due to the volume of application only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete background screening including educational verification, criminal record and credit checks.