Business Systems Analyst – test job
Are you an IT professional with a strong attitude for application development who is looking for an opportunity to support the hard-working teachers of Alberta? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Information and Technology Services (ITS) team as a Business Systems Analyst in Edmonton, AB.
For over 80 years, ATRF has provided exceptional administration of the Teachers’ Pension Plans for Alberta. We take pride in delivering the highest quality service to more than 80,000 plan members to ensure they receive a secure retirement.
Reporting to the Director, Application Development, the Business Systems Analyst provides business value through comprehensive application development, documentation, quality assurance, implementation, and maintenance of business solutions that support business needs, objectives, and strategies.
This position will work proactively with the business and ITS to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies to existing business solutions either through custom application development or the acquisition of third-party applications. The Business Systems Analyst provides day-to-day support and enhancement of applications, focusing primarily on pension services related business solutions and is consulted as a resource in the technical and professional function of applications development.
Qualifications, Experience, and Capabilities
- Completion of an accredited post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- Three years of experience in a similar role
- One or more of the following certifications are preferred: Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP); Retirement Plans Associate (RPA)
- Experience in requirements elicitation, functional and non-functional design document preparation, test case preparation, and fit/gap analysis
- Experience in database management systems (DBMS), data extraction, transformation and loading databases, data queries through SQL, and report design and implementation
- Experience in modelling systems and data to a logical level using modelling notation (UML, Structured, BPMN), provide user interface design, and prototyping
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and one or more of the following application development methodologies: agile/scrum, test-driven development, and service-oriented architecture principles
- Experience with technology system interfaces, data integration, networks, and operating systems such as IBM iOS and Microsoft Windows (desktop/server)
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Candidates with lesser qualifications and experience may be considered at a lower classification
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits program, and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
Application Information: Individuals interested in being considered for this role are required to submit a cover letter as well as a resume with attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist to email@example.com. Applications submitted without a cover letter along with a resume may be considered incomplete. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.