Director, Information Technology Infrastructure
Are you a highly innovative IT professional looking for an opportunity to support the hard-working teachers of Alberta? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has an exciting opportunity for an IT professional to join our team as Director, Information Technology Infrastructure in Edmonton, AB.
For over 80 years, ATRF has provided exceptional administration of the Teachers’ Pension Plans for Alberta. We take pride in delivering the highest quality service to more than 80,000 plan members, to ensure they receive a secure pension in retirement.
Reporting to the VP, Information & Technology Services, this position is a key member of the Information & Technology Services (ITS) team. Working in collaboration with the VP and ITS Leadership team, the Director, Information Technology Infrastructure develops, plans, implements, maintains, and enhances ATRF’s ITS infrastructure and technology disaster recovery solutions that support the organizations’ strategic, risk, and business plans. The position is responsible for the management of ITS domains including data centres, operating systems, computer and storage, networking, desktops, helpdesk, mobile devices, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Azure.
This position is responsible for all aspects of ITS infrastructure and technology disaster recovery as it relates to the production, test, and development environments. Additionally, the Director, Information Technology Infrastructure plays a critical leadership role in the transition of ATRF’s on-premise services to Microsoft-hosted platforms, as well as assisting the VP and Director, Application Development in business initiatives to modernize ATRF’s legacy applications.
The ideal candidate is a high-performing IT professional with significant experience in infrastructure, application, security, leading through change, and is driven by continuous improvements and innovation. The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships is imperative to the success of this role as the Director, Information Technology Infrastructure work closely with various stakeholders including ATRF’s business leaders, the VP, Information Technology Services, and the ITS Leadership team.
This position leads, coaches, and mentors highly skilled IT professionals.
Qualifications, Experience, and Capabilities
- Completion of an accredited four-year university degree in computing science, information systems, engineering, networking, or related field. Other combinations of education (I.e. technical diploma) and extensive IT infrastructure experience may be considered.
- Certification/training in the following areas is preferred:
- Project management
- Minimum of 10 years of experience focused on IT infrastructure, application, and security
- Minimum four years of experience leading a team of senior IT professionals
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft 365, Azure, and Hybrid Cloud platforms
- Experience with IBM Power Systems is highly desirable
- Strong management and people skills
- Understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery strategies as it relates to technology
- Understanding of internal control and operational effectiveness as it relates to IT
- Strong change management skills
- Project leader experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program, and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.