Are you a highly-organized critical thinker looking for the next opportunity in your career? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) is seeking a passionate and bright individual to join our Risk & Audit Team as an Internal Auditor located in Edmonton, Alberta.
As a component of its Enterprise-wide Risk Management Plan, ATRF has developed a disciplined and systematic approach for managing internal control processes to ensure the integrity of reporting, financial and operational systems, and to develop and maintain a comprehensive, effective, and efficient risk management and control environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Risk & Audit, the Internal Auditor executes a broad range of internal audit activities and programs that include but are not limited to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of risk assessment, governance, internal controls, and compliance objectives with ATRF. This position assists with periodic Internal Audit reporting to the Audit & Finance Committee; supports the development of the annual internal audit plan, and champions internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the organization.
The Internal Auditor is accountable for discharging the audit team’s responsibilities with emphasis on providing assurance on the effectiveness of internal controls, compliance, and financial audit. This position ensures that assets are adequately safeguarded, established company policies and procedures are consistently adhered to, reliable accounting and reporting systems are provided, and ATRF’s organizational and strategic planning initiatives are supported by a sound internal control framework.
Qualifications, Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. Equivalent education may be considered
- In pursuit or completion of Certified Accountant/Certified Internal Auditor designation is preferred
- Two to three years of related internal audit experience in a pension plan or financial services environment
- Effective time management, organizational and critical thinking skills are required
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business process/area/functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience working with varying team members.
ATRF is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits program and an excellent working environment. we offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist. The application deadline is May 23, 2022. ATRF thanks all applicants, however, due to the volume of application only those selected for an interview will be contacted.