Manager, Investment Reporting
Established in 1939, the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has consistently provided administration of Alberta teachers’ pension plans for over 80 years. ATRF takes pride in delivering exceptional member-focused services and information to over 80,000 members and strives to deliver outstanding investment support to a pension plan with over $22 billion in assets.
ATRF has an opportunity for a highly motivated financial professional to join our Finance team as the Manager, Investment Reporting.
Reporting to the Controller, the Manager, Investment Reporting provides leadership and oversight to a team of accounting professionals on recurring investment, analytical, and financial reporting as well as corporate accounting functions. This position interacts and collaborates on a regular basis with a variety of external and internal stakeholders in order to provide financial and analytical insights and drive the organization’s achievement of strategic and financial objectives.
The ideal candidate is a high performing, analytical professional, with a background in investment reporting and/or accounting as well as a desire to grow their leadership skills. This position requires an individual with strong reporting, communication and presentation skills, with a proven ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, senior leaders, and executives and build trust with team members.
Qualifications, Experience, and Capabilities
- Completion of an undergraduate degree – Bachelor of Commerce or Equivalent
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible investment reporting or investment accounting roles
- Experience mentoring and/or leading a team would be beneficial
- Experience and working knowledge of private market valuation and cost is considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong understanding of the CPA Canada Handbook and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Sound knowledge of internal control principles and procedures to develop and maintain system of controls over financial reporting
- Familiar with corporate tax preparation (foreign and domestic) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of global policies, compliance, and regulations
- Experience with accounting systems, JDE preferred
- Able to take a broad-based view of issues and events and understand long-term impact or wider implications
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
Individuals interested in being considered for this role are required to submit a cover letter as well as a resume with attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check including educational verification, criminal record, and a credit check.