Pension Analyst, Data and Employer Services
Are you looking for an opportunity to support the hard-working teachers of Alberta where your work will contribute to ensure they receive a secure retirement income? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) takes pride in providing member-focused pension administration and services to the over 80,000 members of the Alberta teachers’ pension plans.
ATRF is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated professional to join our team as a Pension Analyst, Data & Employer Services. This permanent position is a members of the Pension Services team which has a broad responsibility in the delivery of high-quality pension services.
The Pension Analyst partners with key individuals within various departments across the organization and interacts daily with plan members, beneficiaries, employers, and other representatives.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Data & Employer Services, the Pension Analyst is responsible for communicating with and supporting employers; processing, analyzing, and reconciling data issues; determining eligibility for and crediting service for disabled members; preparing and analyzing various reports; data maintenance; generating annual statements, newsletters and other mailings to members and employers; and assisting with the valuation process and annual audit.
A more detailed job description is available.
Qualifications, Experience and Capabilities:
- Post-graduate diploma in business, payroll or benefits
- A minimum of two years of experience working in pension administration, payroll, or a human resources environment.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC), or Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP) designation or equivalent would be an asset.
- Demonstrated interest in working directly with members and employers in a professional and highly regulated industry.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service and verbal and written communication skills. Being bilingual in French and English is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a strong aptitude for math.
At ATRF diversity is one of our core strengths. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected because of their uniqueness. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, flexible work program and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
Individuals interested in being considered for this role are required to submit a cover letter as well as a resume attention to Aurlee Crane, Human Resources Advisor to firstname.lastname@example.org The application deadline is May 31, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check including educational verification, criminal record and a credit check. This is a full-time continuing position and requires the incumbent to be located in Edmonton, AB.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.