Pension Analyst & Pension Specialist
Are you looking for an opportunity to support the hard-working teachers of Alberta where your work will contribute to ensuring they receive a secure retirement income? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) takes pride in providing member-focused pension administration and services to over 80,000 members of the Alberta teachers’ pension plans.
ATRF is looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated professionals to join our team as Pension Specialist, Member Services and Pension Analyst, Data & Employer Services. These permanent positions are members of the Pension Services team which has a broad responsibility in the delivery of high-quality pension services.
The Pension Specialist and Pension Analyst partner with key individuals within various departments across the organization and interact daily with plan members, beneficiaries, employers, and other representatives.
Pension Specialist, Member Services
Reporting to the Team Lead, Member Services, the Pension Specialist plays a key role in verifying eligibility for benefits, calculating and verifying benefits, adjusting, suspending or terminating pensions, updating member and retired member personal information including beneficiary and bank changes, communicating with members or their representatives, as well as employers, and analyzing and reconciling employer data as it relates to the payment of benefits.
Pension Analyst, Data & Employer Services
Reporting to the Team Lead, Data & Employer Services, the Pension Analyst is responsible for communicating with and supporting employers, processing, analyzing, and reconciling data issues, determining eligibility for and crediting service for disabled members, preparing and analyzing various reports, data maintenance, generating annual statements, newsletters and other mailings to members and employers, and assisting with the valuation process and annual audit.
Qualifications, Experience and Capabilities:
- Post-graduate diploma in business or benefits, plus at least two years of experience in pension administration.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) designation or equivalent would be an asset.
- Demonstrated interest in working directly with members and employers in a professional and highly regulated industry.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service and verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual in both French and English would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong aptitude for math.
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, flexible work program, and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for, attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is August 26, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to complete a background screening including educational verification, criminal record, and credit checks.