Are you an IT professional specializing in information security who is looking for an opportunity to help protect the information of the hard-working teachers of Alberta from cyber security threats and intrusions? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Information and Technology Services (ITS) team as a Security Analyst located in Edmonton, AB.
For over 80 years, ATRF has provided exceptional administration of the Teachers’ Pension Plans for Alberta. We take pride in delivering the highest quality service to more than 80,000 plan members to ensure they receive a secure pension in their retirement.
Reporting to the Corporate Information Security Office (CISO), the Security Analyst plays a key contributing role in the operation, administration, and implementation of enterprise security solutions. Providing direct support to the CISO, this position monitors and responds to security threats and intrusions, administers and maintains security devices, reviews vulnerability assessment reports, and ensures all machines are patched accordingly. The Security Analyst assists in defining ITS security procedures as well as reviewing and updating security policies. Additionally, this position is responsible for the continued evaluation of security controls, providing recommendations, and implementing solutions.
Qualifications, Experience, and Capabilities
- Completion of a university degree or diploma in business or equivalent major in computer systems/engineering.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in information security.
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CEH; CISSP; SANS; OSCP.
- Good understanding and experience of Microsoft Azure, and security products (such as SIEM, IPS/IDS, email/web filter, EDR etc.) is required.
- Ability to bring forward new ideas and make concepts a reality.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing activities on a regular basis.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology quickly.
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program, and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
Individuals interested in being considered for this role are required to submit a cover letter as well as a resume with attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist to email@example.com .The application deadline is October 12, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check including educational verification, criminal record, and a credit check.