Senior Corporate Accountant
Are you a results-oriented and highly organized accounting professional seeking an opportunity to join a hardworking team in a diversely successful organization? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) is looking for a passionate, bright, and results-driven individual to join our Finance team as a Senior Corporate Accountant located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Established in 1939, the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has provided exceptional administration for the teachers’ pension plans for Alberta for over 80 years. ATRF takes pride in delivering the highest quality service to more than 80,000 plan members.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Finance, this position plays a key role in supporting the achievement of ATRF’s financial objectives and is primarily responsible for financial accounting and operations, financial reporting, and applicable governance and compliance. The Senior Corporate Accountant actively identifies and communicates continuous process improvements, participates in departmental projects, initiatives, and cross-functional training.
The successful candidate will be required to build and maintain strong working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with high attention to detail and accuracy are essential for success in the role.
Qualifications, Experience and Capabilities
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three years’ experience in accounting or finance-related field
- Experience in the investment industry will be considered an asset
- Enrollment or near completion of CPA program is desirable
- General understanding of the CPA Canada Handbook and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Excellent technical skills in excel, accounting systems and applications as well as experience testing system changes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program, and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is May 8, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.