Senior Security Analyst
For over 80 years, the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has provided exceptional administration of the Teachers’ Pension Plans for Alberta. We take pride in delivering the highest quality service to more than 80,000 plan members to ensure they receive a secure retirement.
ATRF has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Information and Technology Services (ITS) team as a Senior Security Analyst, in Edmonton, AB. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional with a passion for information security and direct experience in enterprise security solutions.
The Senior Security Analyst has a key role in ensuring ATRF’s data is maintained from external security threats and is responsible for the oversight of security projects as well as engineering and architecting enterprise security solutions. Reporting to and working closely with the Corporate Information Security Officer (CISO), this position ensures that ATRF’s existing safeguards are operating effectively and efficiently through the continuous assessment of the threat environment and providing recommendations and implementing additional safeguards as required.
The Senior Security Analyst evaluates, maintains and enhances ATRF’s security controls both on premises and cloud, assists the CISO in defining I.T security procedures, and reviews and updates security policies.
Qualifications, Experience, and Capabilities:
- Completion of a university degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Cybersecurity. Other combinations of education (i.e. related post graduate diploma) and experience may be considered
- Five years of progressively responsible roles in information security
- The completion of or working towards the completion of one or more of the following security certificates: OSCP or OSCE; CISSP; SANS; Azure security certification
- Proficient technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, Oracle and security products (such as SIEM, IPS/IDS, email/web filter, etc.)
- Experience in successfully leading cyber/information security projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization including formal presentation skills and the ability to translate communications from technical to non-technical based on audience understanding
- Ability to work independently and also as a contributing member of the team, proficient problem-solving skills and able to manage multiple ongoing activities on a regular basis
- Ability to bring forward new ideas and make concepts a reality
- Eagerness to learn and desire for continuous growth
At ATRF diversity is one of our core strengths. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected because of their uniqueness. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, flexible work program and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
Individuals interested in being considered for this role are required to submit a cover letter as well as a resume attention to Aurlee Crane, Human Resources Advisor to email@example.com. The application deadline is November 5, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check including educational verification, criminal record and a credit check. This is a full-time continuing position and requires the incumbent to be located in Edmonton, AB.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.