Using ATRF’s Digital Tools
Do you have a document that you need to share with ATRF? Right now, there are a few different ways that you can safely and securely send us information. If you are sending us information using email, please ensure that the quality of the image that you are sending is high.
If you’re using your smartphone to share a picture of a document, you may want to look at the size of the file. Sometimes using data enables your smartphone to automatically compress the file so it uploads quickly. This can result in an unreadable file, which means we must ask you to re-send the document.
Below are some tips to keep in mind when sending documentation and images to ATRF.
- To prevent whitewashing, do not use a flash.
- Make sure you are in a well-lit room so that the image is not darkened.
- Ensure the document is in focus.
- Make sure the full item is in the frame when taking a picture.
- Ensure the photo or document is not crooked.
- Is there anything covering the lens?
- Is there anything obstructing the document?
- Make sure the item is flat and not curved or crumpled.
After scanning the document, review it for legibility. If you are not able to read it, chances are we will not be able to either.