Pension Specialist, Member Services
Are you looking for an opportunity to support the hard-working teachers of Alberta, where your work will contribute to plan members receiving a secure pension? The Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) takes pride in providing member-focused pension administration and services to over 80,000 members of the Alberta teachers’ pension plans.
ATRF is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated professional to join our team as a Pension Specialist, Member Services. This permanent position is part of the Pension Services team, which has a broad responsibility in the delivery of high-quality pension services.
The Pension Specialist partners with key individuals within various departments across the organization and interacts daily with plan members, beneficiaries, employers, and other representatives.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Member Services, the Pension Specialist plays a key role in verifying eligibility for benefits, calculating and verifying benefits, adjusting, suspending or terminating pensions, and updating member and retired member personal information including beneficiary and bank changes. The Pension Specialist also communicates with members or their representatives, as well as employers, and analyzes and reconciles employer data as it relates to the payment of benefits.
A more detailed job description is available.
Qualifications, Experience, and Capabilities:
- Post-graduate diploma in business or benefits.
- A minimum of two years of experience in pension administration.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) designation or equivalent would be an asset.
- Demonstrated interest in working directly with members and employers in a professional and highly regulated industry.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service and verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual in both French and English is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a strong aptitude for math.
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program, and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
Individuals interested in being considered for this role are required to submit a cover letter as well as a resume with attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist, email@example.com . The application deadline is March 12, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check including educational verification, criminal record, and a credit check. This is a full-time continuing position and requires the incumbent to be located in Edmonton, AB.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.